Jessho(Aug 31st 2017, 7:14pm)

TigerFury(Aug 26th 2017, 6:29pm)

oracus0(Aug 7th 2017, 1:02pm)

Statistic

• Members: 2,197
  • Threads: 9,754
  • Postings: 145,788 (ø 30.05/day)
  • Greetings to our newest member: kingkar001

At the moment there arenĀ“t any members active..

Chat

CW Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
39 25 26 27 28 29 30 1
40 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
41 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
42 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
43 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
44 30 31 1 2 3 4 5

©2010 wbb3addons.de

GMT/UTC --> +1 during summer time

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 10:40pm

OK, got the esm downloaded and such, and have followed the instructions for registering the BSA's in the CS ini the Oblivion.ini, but I have a missing mesh for the Gecko model. I can see all the other meshes (for example everything in RockGrove), but no Gecko meshes.

Am I missing something obvious (apart from the actual mesh :P)??

EDIT: Temporarily ignore this whilst I download more files I missed :D.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AliTheLord" (Sep 20th 2011, 10:52pm)

Mizreg

Professional

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 6:36am

Funny how you made exactly the same mistake I made a few weeks back :D
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf :D

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 7:28am

Quoted

Originally posted by Mizreg
Funny how you made exactly the same mistake I made a few weeks back :D

:D Issue is solved :P.

Mizreg

Professional

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 7:33am

Thats good.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf :D

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 7:50pm

Good good. Nice to see progress being made on a quest....pretty exciting... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod

Friday, September 23rd 2011, 8:28am

Have been placing some Geckos around Black Marsh, and I like what I see!

How hard do you want these Geckos to be to find?? On a scale of 1 - 10 where 1 is plain sight and 10 is nigh on impossible to see (unless you're me and have written down where I've placed them!)

Also, let me know when I've got the go-ahead to start making the scripts :).

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 11:24am

Good good! :goodjob:

Difficult to say but, as a guideline, I would use the example of the nirnroot. If you know how the nirnroots in the vanilla game were distributed then you'll have noticed that they were generally not surrounded by high grass and often along riverbanks. Personally, I would like our Geckos to be just a little less conspicuous but not much so I would probably choose trees close to waterlines as a general rule (unless you can think of an easier pattern, considering the fact that so much of BM is close to a waterline). Nevertheless, on the lower sections of treetrunks is best although I guess they could also be found on the sides of houses (perhaps to the side of the house) in smaller towns and villages.

I would say that a variety of places is best but that's not helping much so, overall, go for roughly the same as nirnroot which is approximately 5 on your scale (difficult to 'scale' it, though).

Oh, and please note this post I just made regarding the quest scripts: Skooma Skooma 'round the world . Provided you stick to this rule, it shouldn't be an issue but let me know if you really want to do something that breaks the rule.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 6:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Good good! :goodjob:

Difficult to say but, as a guideline, I would use the example of the nirnroot. If you know how the nirnroots in the vanilla game were distributed then you'll have noticed that they were generally not surrounded by high grass and often along riverbanks. Personally, I would like our Geckos to be just a little less conspicuous but not much so I would probably choose trees close to waterlines as a general rule (unless you can think of an easier pattern, considering the fact that so much of BM is close to a waterline). Nevertheless, on the lower sections of treetrunks is best although I guess they could also be found on the sides of houses (perhaps to the side of the house) in smaller towns and villages.

I would say that a variety of places is best but that's not helping much so, overall, go for roughly the same as nirnroot which is approximately 5 on your scale (difficult to 'scale' it, though).

Oh, and please note this post I just made regarding the quest scripts: Skooma Skooma 'round the world . Provided you stick to this rule, it shouldn't be an issue but let me know if you really want to do something that breaks the rule.

Thanks, I should be able to stick to those rules :D. Out of curiosity, why no scripting in interior locations?? I just like to know if there's a technical reason for things (even if it won't affect me!)

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 11:23am

It's not just about interior locations. The real nature of the problem is that the previous team before I took over had the annoying tendency of naming items, interiors and so on with numbers at the front. It's the editing IDs (or EDIDs as many refer to them) that are the potential cause of many problems. I don't know the precise explanation but, by all accounts of the most experienced modders, this causes absolute havoc with scripts. So avoid anything with a number in front of it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ibsen's Ghost" (Sep 25th 2011, 11:24am)

Deeza

Master

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 10:51am

Could this problem be overcome if the cells were renamed, perhaps with the BM prefix?

Sure, it's a boring job but if it makes scripting easier it might be worth us doing it in shifts...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 6:35pm

Not according to AB...she's quite clear on that and has a lot of experience with it. There's a few things that could do with clearing out just to put the final nail in the coffin of the old team's influence / inefficiency.

Deeza

Master

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 7:12pm

Hmm. Sounds like a worthy (if tedious) thing to do. So it's just a matter of changing all the cells to fit our own officially agreed guidelines then?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!

Mizreg

Professional

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 7:13am

who's AB???

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 6:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Deeza
Hmm. Sounds like a worthy (if tedious) thing to do. So it's just a matter of changing all the cells to fit our own officially agreed guidelines then?

Yes, and it could seriously affect operations if we continue to have numbers in front of editor IDs.

@ Mizreg - AB = AndalayBay. She mainly works with us off-site.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 10:24pm

Any news, AliTheLord?

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 6:45pm

Hi Asmar,

Just a quick point. Could you please upload your latest esp as soon as possible? We need to get all work in for the creation of a new master file (the esm). This will help to get things nice and orderly for setting up the main quest...which AB is helping us with.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ibsen's Ghost" (Oct 9th 2011, 6:45pm)

Social bookmarks