clavius(Oct 31st 2017, 8:18pm)

kingkar001(Sep 4th 2017, 9:10am)

Junix(Sep 3rd 2017, 4:00pm)

Statistic

• Members: 2,200
  • Threads: 9,768
  • Postings: 145,802 (ø 29.73/day)
  • Greetings to our newest member: VlacentorBellian

At the moment there arenĀ“t any members active..

Chat

CW Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
48 27 28 29 30 1 2 3
49 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
50 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
51 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
52 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

©2010 wbb3addons.de

GMT/UTC --> +1 during summer time

sandor

Administrator

Monday, March 17th 2008, 9:35am

Scc0348 [Finished]

District: Riverside.
Cell name: SilgradCity0348.
Claim Difficulty: Easy.
NPC's: 2 or more.
Race: Dunmer, Hlaalu.
Class: Poor-Middle.
General info: Check -=this link=-.

You'll find the exterior and interior building (screenshot) in the cell SilgradCity0348. Use the Silgrad_Tower.esm v2.993 or a higher version.

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI, don't forget the pathgrid.
Full AI: Eat, sleep, one drink and/or read package.

I'll set the rotation for the Northmarker and connect the interior to the exterior.

Add a few windows to the interior and to the exterior building as well (matching with the interior).

For reasons of playtesting it's often handy to add a X marker (heading).
When you use the console (~), type coc "XX", replace the "XX" with your cell name.

Background.

The Thirsty Gibbet is a very small Inn, the room for rent is on the top floor.
The owner lives in SCC0349 together with his servant.

Poor-middle: Mostly poor furniture with some redware objects.
You can't use rich objects.

Use the existing cell (SilgradCity0348) and don't delete the exterior building.
Aurea Aetas - Golden Age (Metamorphoses I, 89)

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 11:28pm

I think I'll do this one :). I've never made an inn before, so this one should be quite interesting. Looking at the layout, I think I can fit a rather primitive bar on the lower level, with some creativity. There also seems to be room for a table in one of the corners, too.

My only concern is the dependency on claim SCC0349. The NPCs necessary for this claim (the innkeeper and his servant) are both in SCC0349, a partially finished claim. In order to call this inn 100% complete, I will need to mess with those NPCs and their dialogue, which would ultimately conflict with the SCC0349 claim and may cause confusion if someone else were to claim it in the future. Would you like me to finish up SCC0349 as well?

Thankfully, it looks like the Riverside pathgrid has been placed, so I should be able to get these NPCs going to and from the inn when desired :D.
Visit us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silgrad-Tower-From-the-Ashes/313166952031396?sk=info

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 1:49am

I think it would be fine to deal with scc0349 as you see fit. Imo, An unfinished claim is subject to the "finishers" discretion for the most part. I have created a pathgrid for most areas including the area you spoke of. If you need to add to the grid that is also ok. If you alter the existing pathgrid in any significant way, please state that in your claim. Otherwise it may be some how corrected or changed if it is not known why it is there.

Charles

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 3:20am

Update:

Interior making for SCC0348 is now complete. I've not had much else to do while waiting for my copy of Dragon Age 2: Signature Edition to arrive, so I've been spending my day time hours modding :).

Now I'm working on completing and fixing SCC0349. The original maker of this interior did some good work, but I'm going to need to add more detail. Along with that, some things are going to need to be removed for the sake of that detailing process.

Also... I'm really not sure what all he did to these NPCs, and I'm afraid of causing Gecko conflicts as well as other problems if I try to edit them as is. Therefore, I will probably just make new NPCs for this claim. I think it would be a lot "cleaner" that way.
Visit us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silgrad-Tower-From-the-Ashes/313166952031396?sk=info

sandor

Administrator

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 3:25am

Thanks for the update.

Quoted

Originally posted by Sniper4

Also... I'm really not sure what all he did to these NPCs, and I'm afraid of causing Gecko conflicts as well as other problems if I try to edit them as is. Therefore, I will probably just make new NPCs for this claim. I think it would be a lot "cleaner" that way.

It's okay to alter existing NPC's.

Otherwise I have to delete the NPC's from the original claim.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 4:07am

Since it's safe to edit them, I'll just stick with the pre-existing NPC's :).

What are the things that aren't safe to edit, in terms of Gecko? I know I can't use/edit existing dialogue topics. Anything else?
Visit us on Facebook:

sandor

Administrator

Monday, March 14th 2011, 7:55am

Quoted

Since it's safe to edit them, I'll just stick with the pre-existing NPC's :).

What are the things that aren't safe to edit, in terms of Gecko? I know I can't use/edit existing dialogue topics. Anything else?

With TES4Edit, a HEX editor and the Gecko I can fix almost anything.

Altering existing ST (MI 01) dialogue isn't a problem.
Deleting existing dialogue is a problem, TES4Gecko can't handle that very well, it's related to the PNAM (previous info) record.

Steve (SACarrow) fixed most of these problems except for the one mentioned above.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 2:44pm

That is good to know, thank you :).

I think I've finally come up with a quest idea for this claim.

When the player speaks to Nelvan Sarayn, the servant, he will tell the player that Tedave Berend, the innkeeper, accidentally took his ring. He claims he has spoken to Tedave about it, but Tedave refuses to believe that he would accidentally do something like that and will not look for it in his house. Nelvan asks the player to sneak into Tedave's room and find the ring. If the player accepts, Nelvan gives him the key to the room. Upon the player's success, he will be rewarded with an amount of gold worth 1/4 the value of the ring. It will most likely be a silver ring with a weak enchantment on it.

The player will have the option to speak to Tedave about this ring, and Tedave will tell the player that the ring is in fact his. Obviously, Nelvan was trying to trick the player into stealing it ;). Tedave says he will speak to Nelvan about this trickery, and rewards the player with an amount of gold worth 1/8 the value of the ring. Nelvan will refuse to speak with the player afterward.

edit: CRAP! I just realized a big flaw in this quest: Nelvan has to clean Tedave's quarters anyway, so he'd always have access to the ring. Change of plans: the ring is to be kept in a chest that Nelvan can't open. He knows that "his" ring must be in this chest, since he has searched everywhere else. He advises the player to either steal Tedave's key to open the chest or pick the lock himself. That... should fix the story :P.
Visit us on Facebook:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sniper4" (Mar 15th 2011, 3:54pm)

Saturday, March 26th 2011, 8:12pm

It's done now :). I have finished both SCC0348 and SCC0349, along with the quest I mentioned above. Just some things to note:

-Added windows to exterior of SCC0349 at SilgradCityRiversideNW cell Wilderness -8,-20

-Added a window to the exterior of SCC0349 at SilgradCityRiversideSE cell Wilderness -3,-21. The other window was already present.

-The changed/deleted object references you see in SCC0349 are a result of my fixing/redecorating of the interior. The original modder definitely had some experience, but unfortunately, he made the servant's quarters look richer (in terms of number of furnishings) than those of the innkeeper. To fix this, I rearranged the furniture in the innkeeper's quarters to include a full dinning area, desk, a dresser, and shelving. Previously, it just had a desk, a bench, and some cushions. I also fixed a few things and added detail to the servant's quarters.

-I set the SCC0349 doors to belong to Nelvan (the servant) and the doors for SCC0348 to belong to Tadave (the innkeeper). That way, Nelvan can lock/ unlock the house doors without interfering with the doors at the inn.

-Tadave (the innkeeper) works at the inn at night (6PM to 8AM), and he serves food, drink, and rents out the room. Nelvan works the day shift, but only serves booze and drinks. He does not rent out rooms, since I felt this job was more appropriate for the innkeeper only.

I ran into another problem with the Riverside SE to NW trigger zone:

-When I approach the trigger zone, I only see a "missing" yellow diamond shape. NPCs seem to be able to pass through it into the next cell, but my character can't.

-My NPCs keep getting stuck on a wall, while trying to get to the trigger zone. I checked the pathgrids to see if I could fix this problem, but the pathgrids themselves seem fine. I can't imagine what could be causing my NPCs to walk into the wall like that. :(

The following JPG illustrates both problems:

I hope you enjoy the interior and quest :).
Visit us on Facebook:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sniper4" (Mar 27th 2011, 4:24am)

sandor

Administrator

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 10:14pm

Since I am back I decided to start reviewing this claim. :)

@Sniper4
Just out of curiosty could you attach an image of your home town.
I visited the States many times (for my work) but never Illinois.

My home town.
I live in the French part of Belgium.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 4:40am

That looks like a pretty little town :).

My hometown is Fairfield, located in southern Illinois.

Here's the town's official website:
http://www.fairfield-il.com/main.html

You can see its photo gallery by going to "About Fairfield," then clicking on "photo gallery."

The pictures there aren't entirely representative of the town, however, so I will link to a photo album.

Here's the town's courthouse:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/courthouselover/4854623969

This is what you will see if you drive along the highway anywhere in Illinois. It's a lot of flat fields and is dotted with woodlands:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7269902@N07…57623857738315/

This is Fairfield's main drag:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7269902@N07…157623857738315

This is the town's park pond. Locals call this place "Duck S*** Pond," for good reason.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7269902@N07…157623857738315

This page has some pictures of the woodlands around Fairfield. Notice how it's still very flat, even in the woods.
http://www.landsofillinois.com/illinois/…=&inv_id=536873

Note that the scenery changes as you travel north through Illinois. In central Illinois, you will see entire fields of wild violets (the state flower), for example. Around here, you get a sea of corn fields, and sometimes you will see entire fields of goldenrod (that I am very allergic to). The best adjective for Illinois, above and beyond all else, is "flat." I love southern Illinois, however. It's very un-urbanized, and the flora is diverse and strikingly beautiful. :)
Visit us on Facebook:

sandor

Administrator

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 12:35am

Thanks for posting the links!

It reminds me to England (GB), very nice indeed!

My county has only around 5000 inhabitants and is quite large, mostly rural with a lot of farmers. It's part of the Province of Namur.

I enjoy living here, it's nice and calm and easy for my work (to travel to France or Germany).

Nice work as usual! :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

sandor

Administrator

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 7:12pm

Rechecking a few things. :)

The triggerzone problem is related to a missing nif, I'll post an update asap.

EDIT

I attached the trig zone nif. :check:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

sandor

Administrator

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 8:24am

Nice work as usual! :goodjob:

You used GetTalkedToPC.
Some info.

Depending on the quest priority for ST and the mods (including OB) a player loaded together with ST, another set of dialogue (another quest, not NPC specific) can be displayed before your claim dialogue. This means that "GetTalkedToPC" will be set to 1. The dialogue will be skipped (with a condition "GetTalkedToPC == 0"). Meaning that there are no topics either (if added to a GREETING).

If quests have the same priority, the quest higher in the tree will be executed.

So increasing the priority to 99 will help but not always.
Further we can't set every quest to a priority of 99.

I merged the file, please make a note and fix it later on by adding another parameter check.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 7:03pm

Noted :). I think I have a few ideas on how to get the same effect without having to resort to "GetTalkedToPC." I'll wait till the modding esm is patched with this interior to make the fix.
Visit us on Facebook:

sandor

Administrator

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 10:39am

Quoted

Noted :). I think I have a few ideas on how to get the same effect without having to resort to "GetTalkedToPC." I'll wait till the modding esm is patched with this interior to make the fix.

Great and thanks for modding the Craftsmen quest! :)

I'll post a new patch later today. :check:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 11:31pm

Here is my "patch" that fixes the "GetTalkedtoPC" issue. I used a local variable instead, that I called "StSISCC0348Talked"

I placed the local variable in the innkeeper's script and used it's value as a condition for the secondary greeting. It should now work like this:

-If the player meets Tedave outside of the inn, Tedave will introduce himself, and will also re-introduce himself when the player comes to the inn, for the sake of professionalism (and to allow for the bar- specific conversation topics).

-If the player first meets Tedave at the inn, Tedave won't introduce himself when the player meets him outside the inn. To accomplish this, StSISCC0348Talked is set to 1 with the inn introduction, and it must equal 0 for Tedave to introduce himself outside of the inn.

I merely used the reference variable to help choose the conditions for which the two greetings will be displayed, rather than using GetTalkedtoPC. I also play tested the patch to make sure it works as desired.
Visit us on Facebook:

sandor

Administrator

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 12:21am

Thanks! :)

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD

Version Control

Social bookmarks